Athlone Sheraton Hotel to create 250 jobs - Irish Job News - News on Jobs for Ireland

Athlone Sheraton Hotel to create 250 jobs

22 August 2007 | Ireland | 10 Responses by paul savage.

A new 12 story hotel is planned for Athlone which is set to bring 250 new full time & part time jobs to the area. Design plans were unveiled last week by architects Murray O’Laoire (www.murrayolaoire.com). This will be one of the tallest building in the Midlands.

The spectacular 167 bedroom hotel will form an integral part of the €500 million Town Centre development which will consist of 50 retail units, 145 residential units, restaurants and cafes, a creche and 1,300 car parking spaces.

The new Sheraton Athlone Hotel will create 250 full and part-time jobs in addition to the 1,000 jobs heralded by the Town Centre development.

The sheraton in Athlone

This will be the 2nd Sheraton hotel from of  Starwood Hotels & Resorts Group in Ireland, the other one being the Sheraton Fota Island Hotel & Spa in Cork.

1. naasha oreilly said on 6 Mar 2008 at 6:43 pm

looking for a job in reservations, sales or marketing dept. I have expierence in front desk and a degree in front office and tourism mgt.

2. Aishling O'Reilly said on 11 Apr 2008 at 3:17 pm

Looking for a job as a spa therapist. I have 4 years experience in Beauty therapy & i also worked as spa therapist for 7 months in the Slieve Russell Hotel, Co Cavan.
    Looking forward to hearing from you.

3. Ailbhe O'Shea said on 14 Apr 2008 at 2:19 pm

Good Afternoon, I have already been in contact with you, regarding work placement for a ten week work placement. I am currently studying Tourism & Hospitality in Athlone IT. I have experience in the restaurant & accomodation areas.

Look forward to hearing from you.

kind regards
    Ailbhe O’Shea

Mobile: 085 1577997

4. ciaran burns said on 18 May 2008 at 5:47 pm

I am interested in relocating back to Ireland.I would like to continue my career with starwood properties as an engineer.

5. Emmanuel Oviawe said on 20 May 2008 at 1:34 pm

im lookin for a job for the summer im 17th and please if you ave a job for me call me on 0857199322

6. paul savage said on 20 May 2008 at 1:54 pm

Emmanuel , I don’t know if you’ve ever applied for a job in ireland before, but this is certainly not the way to go about it. You want someone from the Sheraton to search the web for people, and then come across your phone number, and then call you and offer you a job ???

Ciaran : Your best bet is to contact them directly, not through a news website.

7. Marion Heraty said on 24 Jun 2008 at 4:34 pm

Marion i have 2 year diploma in sport and recreation and i also have my occupation first aid course. I worked in a gym in mullingar teaching Airobics and Weight Training in Contours Express. I would like to follow up working in this line of work. Marion

8. Tom jobseeker said on 23 Jul 2008 at 1:32 pm

Great Job News site and very help-full announce – two of my colleagues found a job.

9. Devika Sahebdin said on 2 Mar 2010 at 8:21 am

I wish to apply the position of Waitress in Sheraton hotels.I am originally frm Mauritius where I worked as a waitress in Mont Choisy hotels.hope to hear from you.

10. paul savage said on 2 Mar 2010 at 11:29 am

You need to contact the hotel directly, this is just a blog !