Employment Statistics in Ireland 2007 - Irish Job News - News on Jobs for Ireland

Employment Statistics in Ireland 2007

23 August 2007 | Ireland | 37 Responses by paul savage.

Many people wonder about the number of work permits that are currently valid in Ireland, here is a quick statistical run down up to and including July 31st 2007. Currently there are work permits issued for 12,805 workers in Ireland. This is down from 19,557 that were valid in 2006.

Irish Work Permit

Top Ten Countries with Permits issued from Ireland

Also available are the numbers of countries who were denied work permits, and for the sake of clarity the top three are India (184), Philippines (134), China (116).

Position Country Number of Permits
1 India 2067
2 Philippines 2015
3 South Africa 818
4 Ukraine 808
5 United States of America 697
6 China 607
7 Brazil 515
8 Australia 491
9 Pakistan 453
10 Malaysia 411

Work Permits by Industry

Here is a break down of what industries have had the most number of work permits issued.

Position Industry Number of Permits
1 Service Industry 4041
2 Medical & Nursing 2939
3 Sport 2903
4 Catering 2533
5 Industry 1265
6 Agriculture & Fisheries 720
7 Education 457
8 Exchange Agreements 314
9 Domestic 289
10 Entertainment 85

Top Irish Companies who have received Work Permits

It is also possible to find out what companies have the most work permits issued. We are a little confused with Macra Na Feirme heading the list, but it’s possible these are for some manual labour.

Position Company Number of Permits
Limited (India)
on secondment to Satyam Computer
Services Limited (Ireland)
11 University of Dublin 16
12 Kepak Group Ltd 16
13 Tom Duffy & Son’s Circus 15

So there you have it, a quick look at what is happening in Ireland with regards to work permits.

Source : [Entemp.ie].

1. Paul said on 23 Aug 2007 at 6:00 pm

Interesting info. Hope you don’t mind if I nick this to use when talking to my clients. p.s classic that the circus made it onto the leader board – never been to that one!!

2. paul savage said on 23 Aug 2007 at 6:14 pm

No worries Paul, use away !

Also don’t be afraid to put a link back to your site in your posts. (I’ve edited your last one)

3. paul savage said on 4 Sep 2007 at 2:40 pm

We’ve been featured on NorthernSound : [here] 😀

4. Steve said on 22 Oct 2007 at 10:59 am

This web site only gives information how may work permit are given. There many Green card workpermit given in Ireland for which there is no data on there web site. Actually Number of work permit has come down because every one is getting Green card permit.

5. paul said on 22 Oct 2007 at 12:12 pm

True Steve, the data wasn’t available for Green Cards. But as soon as I get it I will post it up. Btw. not everyone is getting a Green Card 😉

6. jeanette said on 23 Oct 2007 at 3:05 pm

just to clarify the statistical deatil for DETE, i enquired and the DETE confirmed that the stats include green card permits as the stats are for employment permits (green card & work permits). i needed this confirmation as i provide immigration services…

7. R.SHANMUGAM said on 24 Dec 2007 at 9:32 am

HI
    THIS IS SHANMUGAM.R AGE32,FRM INDIA.MY EDUCATION
    IS SCHOOL LEVEL.I WANT ANY ENTERY LEVEL JOB LIKE
    DISHWASH R CLEANING IN CRUISE R HOTEL IN EUROPEAN
    COUNTERIES .
    any entery level job

8. Matt said on 8 Feb 2008 at 9:19 pm

My company got 2 non EEA person on Green card but my company is not listed in the list of company’s for whom workpermit is issued. I think This web site do not provide greecard details. Can you get this information from DETE on Mail ?. DETE call center gives different answer each time you call, Mail from them should be good.

9. vishnupraveen said on 15 May 2008 at 12:39 pm

my name is vishnu,Iam an Indian national, doing mba in international business from griffith college Dublin,can i get a work permit

10. j said on 16 May 2008 at 1:21 pm

once you sit your final exams you obtain a temporary stamp from DOJ for 6 months. During this 6 mth you can source a job offer from an IRish employer & once the employer can prove no EEA national could be recruited for the position you are likely to qualify for a work permit. YOU need a job offer to get a work permit. this scheme helps you as before visa required nationals (which you are as as an indian national) were to return home post exams and aply from India for job and then return to ireland.

11. HARDEEP SINGH said on 11 Jul 2008 at 9:55 am

I AM FROM INDIA I LOOKING WORK PERMIT FOR IRELAND ANY BODY CAN HELP TO GET THE WORK PERMIT. I ALSO TRAVELED AROUND THE WORLD .PLEASE WRITE ME ON MY MAIL hpkmultani@rediff.com

12. sathish said on 21 Jul 2008 at 5:42 pm

am indian, compelted my pharmacy masters in india. can i get work permit for ireland for pharmaecutical job. reply

13. How many work permit applications are rejected ? | Green Card News said on 22 Jul 2008 at 11:57 am

[…] of 30%, closely followed by China at 25%. Previously in 2007 I did  a similar analysis over at eirjobs.com . source : […]

14. j said on 8 Aug 2008 at 9:49 am

reviewing all the comments regarding getting work permits in ireland, it is only possible to obtain a work permit in ireland when you have a job offer from an employer in ireland and the job is highly skilled position,. a pharmacist would be one such position & once you can demonstrate your qualification and you have a job offer from irish employer you can apply. salary should be min of €30,000 but a pharmacist would earn that type of salary. if you have no qualifications/skills/experience like all countries you will not qualify for a work permit as most lowly skilled positions do not qualify.

15. Davinder singh said on 10 Aug 2008 at 7:10 am

Sir
    I want a job as a electronic technician in Ireland Now i am in India Please guide me.Iwant a work permit.
    Thanks
    Davinder singh

16. j said on 11 Aug 2008 at 10:34 am

if you find an employer in irl who offers you a job, you can apply for a greencard permit in the position of electrical technican once you have adequate qualification and can earn salary of €30,000…

17. jatin said on 14 Aug 2008 at 2:25 am

hi i am jatin requiring work permit for ireland or any european country . presently i am operating my own ielts training centre at india . so if you wanna have some make it for me . at my email address : jatink20100@yahoo.com

18. OG B said on 18 Aug 2008 at 7:51 pm

Where and how do I get the form to apply for the Irish Green Card ?

19. Davinder singh said on 19 Aug 2008 at 3:16 pm

Sir
    Please help me where i contact for a sponsorship.So please help me in this matter and guide me send some detail of employers.
    Thanks
    Davinder singh

20. Lindsay said on 1 Sep 2008 at 10:43 pm

I am a South African Lady who travelled to the u.k two years ago,but would love to return to Ireland.I am not highly skilled,but have experience in admin and even airlines. I wish to know will i be able to get a workpermit in Ireland?

21. ahmed said on 2 Oct 2008 at 1:53 pm

sir how can i aply for visa?

22. Mayank said on 20 Oct 2008 at 9:10 am

Hi All,
    I am Mayank from Delhi (India). I am BA graduate, 3 year Diploma in German Language form Goethe Institue and having 3 year Experience as a German Language specialist. I want to work in Ireland as same. Please tell can i get a work permit for the same ?
    Thanks in Advance !

23. priya toory said on 14 Nov 2008 at 1:28 am

hi im hema from mauritius. iam student studying nursig course in a private college.this is my 2nd year nursing but im here for nearly three years.if i apply for a green card will it possible to get, because my country is not on that list. thank you.

24. j said on 20 Nov 2008 at 3:17 pm

country is not an issue for a GReen card. if you what country list? If qualify for a green card it will be granted regardless of your nationality as its based on salary, qualifications and skills. Generally graduates do not obtain GCs as they are seen to be skilled however you should qualify for a work permit once you obtain a job offer with a salary of 30,000 or if less that is normal for student nurses…

25. j said on 20 Nov 2008 at 3:18 pm

26. sylvie said on 22 Feb 2009 at 5:51 pm

Hi actually i’m working as a minder and salary is 30,000 anually,will the person can apply for a workpermit for me,do i need a qaulfication in childcare,thank you sylvie

27. j said on 23 Feb 2009 at 2:13 pm

you can no longer obtain a work permit as a nanny it is an ineligible category. you can renew one if granted before they closed it off.

28. Sekar S said on 20 Apr 2009 at 2:53 pm

Hi…I am software engineer and currently working in singapore.I am a indian..I would like to move to ireland.I am having 5 yrs exp in java/j2ee.is it easy to get a job in ireland ? how do i approach th e employers ? please help me…or mail me s.srisri@gmail.com

29. jeanette said on 23 Apr 2009 at 2:04 pm

i already emailed you a response direct to your gmail address. contact me directly and I can help jeanetteryan99@hotmail.com

30. Sekar S said on 27 Apr 2009 at 10:47 am

I sent a mail to jeanetteryan99@hotmail.com..can you please check?

31. Ayman Saleh said on 13 Jul 2009 at 7:57 am

I am an Egyptian with more than 18 years of experience of which 10 years of them as an IT project manager. Looking to relocate , am i eligible to the Irish green card. is it easy to find a job as IT project manager specially in Software. any help would truly be appreciated. aymanfsaleh@yahoo.co.uk

32. Ayman Saleh said on 13 Jul 2009 at 8:08 am

sorry again is IT Project Manager can be considered under the Computer Systems Managers category

33. Kurian said on 15 Sep 2009 at 12:34 pm

Hi,MBA graduate with 9 years work experience, including recent 4 plus years on Business Process Outsourcing for Dublin based client.At present in Dublin on spouse visa. Any luck with an employment with work visa..?

34. Paul said on 20 Oct 2009 at 6:32 pm

Hello there!

I’m holding dependent visa (my wife is working here since 2006) but no work permit. Two companies are interested in profile but they’re not in a good position to pay 30K salary. Will I get a work permit if I get a job with less than 30K salary?

Thanks

35. jose alappatt jacob said on 25 Mar 2010 at 7:44 am

Now i am working in qatar airways, as a kitchen co-ordinator. in our catering company. I would like to apply for the same or any suitable post. I am eligible for that or ?… plese inform me as soon as possible.. thanks. jose alappat jacob. phone no.. 009745650926.

36. How to get an Irish Work Permit « CVRecruit.ie said on 24 Sep 2010 at 12:56 pm

[…] Statistics on Irish Work Permits   […]

37. Anil Gupta said on 19 Oct 2010 at 12:35 pm

I have one serious question, if anyone can answer it:
    I have been doing job on green card (I.T. job) for the last 1.2 years, its my 2nd green card, and because of recession and no customer/projects, company has fired all staff except me, my salary was 31k and now they have reduced salary to 20k for just 3 days a week job.
    will i get stamp 4 after end of 2 years of green card, they will ask for P60 and last 3 pay slips, does my 20k salary have any consequences,
    if anyone having knowledge about this case, please reply back, I really need valuable information.
    Thanks