A recent survey I’ve read on RecruitIreland.com had some interesting statistics, which I read with a little grain of salt. The results state:
- 82% of people say their boss paid for a work Christmas Party
- 41% of people admit to have a romantic interoffice encounter at the party
- 44% said they got a bonus, up 11% from last year.
- 67% of these got bonuses of less than €1,000
- 29% said they got a bonus of between €2,000- €5,000.
- 5% said they got over €5,000.
- 42% admitted to having an embarrasing incident at their work party.
- an a whopping 71% of these blame drinking too much of the gargle.
- 2% said they even resigned at their work party.
And the break down of who goes to their Work Christmas Party
- 66% said they enjoyed their party
- 24% said they dred the work party
- 10% never, ever, go to the work do.
So how does your work do fear out ? Is it just something to keep the employees happy or does it serve as a good team event in the festive time.
This year I get to go to my first one, so I will report back here early next week.