Irish Job News – News on Jobs for Ireland

Add to Google Reader Irish Jobs News Reader Count
Job Seeker

Irish Green Card FAQ - Irish Job News - News on Jobs for Ireland

Irish Green Card FAQ

28 June 2007 | Ireland | 84 Responses by paul savage.

Here is a quick summary with answers of the main questions about the new Irish Green Card. This information has been gathered from various source, but it’s especially based on the information available at , The Deptartment of Enterprise, Trade & Employment, Ireland.

  • Who applies for the Green Card Permit?
    • Either the employee or employer can apply for the green card.
  • Who will the Green Card be sent to ?
    • The employee will receive the official document, and the employer will receive a copy.
  • What jobs qualify for a Green Card Permit
    • All jobs that earn over €60,000 per year
    • Certain jobs that are on the list which earn between €30,000 and €60,000 per year
  • What is the list of for jobs that pat between €30,000 and €60,000 per year?
    • A comprehensive list can be found [here].
  • What is the minimum length of contract allowed ?
    • The job offer must be for at least 2 years.
  • Are there any special qualifications or exams needed ?
    • The applicant my possess relevant experience, skills , or experience that are required for the position.
  • What must the company do to qualify to offer a Green Card ?
    • The company must be registered with the CRO and not have more than 50% non EU-citizen employees.
    • The job offer must not be older than 60 days.
    • The job offer must be on company headed notepaper.
    • The job offer must be for a position of length, at least 2 years.
  • What must the job offer contain to qualify?
    • Details of start date.
    • Annual salary , excluding bonuses.
    • A full job description.
    • Information in respect of the qualifications, skills or experience that are required for the employment.
  • How much does a Green card Cost ?
    • A new green card costs €1,000 and is valid for 2 years
    • A renewal green card costs €1,500, and is valid indefinitely
  • Can I get a Green Card for less than 2 years ?
    • No, the minimum length is 2 years.

Irish Green Card

We hope that has helped you a little, if you have any questions please feel free to post them below. And as we mentioned above, see the list of [job that qualify for an Irish Greencard if you want to know what jobs qualify for this program.

84 Responses

  1. ASHA said on 20 Aug 2007 at 3:07 pm

    As I’m not a EU resident, if i get a greencard after 2 years will I be eligible to get permanent resident visa
    (posted edited for clarity)

  2. paul savage said on 22 Aug 2007 at 9:11 pm

    yes you will, but I think it’s after 5 years ASHA

  3. James said on 1 Sep 2007 at 2:37 am

    I think it’s two years, Paul.

    5 years of residency for citizenship. But if you have a green card you can apply for permanent residency after two years. At least that’s the info I’ve seen elsewhere.

    Well, I guess I better get to college so I can come to Ireland in a few years.

    Le meas,

    (I think anyone who can speak Irish ought to be given automatic citizenship)

  4. TITI said on 8 Sep 2007 at 8:58 pm

    I dont have a job in Ireland yet, I am a Nigerian, I ASIS member, CFE certified. I am a holder of HND, PGDM,PGDPA, and MPA. I work as a fraud investigator, Compliance, security etc. How do i get a job in Ireland and a Work Permit too.

  5. Bing said on 23 Sep 2007 at 2:35 pm

    Hi, I’ve sent my Green card application. Everything qualifies for getting the Green card apart from my status as a non-EU student (stamp 2). I wonder if there’s any solution to my status change. My friend suggested me to go back home to apply as if I’m a foreigner applying from outside of the country. But I don’t understand the purpose of doing this rather than making the process more complicated. Would anyone have any suggestions for this? Thanks.

  6. Dolly mathew said on 24 Sep 2007 at 5:21 am

    Hi Mr.Paul,

    I am Dolly an indian national, working as a nurse in Athy (Co.Kildare ) . I would like to apply Green Card. Please let me know where I have to submitt my application ? Which is the nearest office in our place ?
    Thanks & Regards,

  7. ovaciklim said on 8 Oct 2007 at 12:59 pm

    Bing, you shouldnt have to go back to your country. Did you get a refusal response from DETE? The question is are you on Graduate Scheme now, i.e. 6 months extension?

    I made my application and still waiting for a response and I am graduate as well.

    Fingers are crossed. Is there anyone obtained a Green Card after completing their degree? Can they share their experience?

  8. ovaciklim said on 8 Oct 2007 at 1:09 pm

    Paul, could you advise your opinion on issue above as well please? Its particularly related to graduates who are making Green Card applications.


  9. paul savage said on 9 Oct 2007 at 8:20 am

    Dolly : apply to the DETE (see here).

    Bing & ovaciklim : you can qualify for the graduate scheme easily. You just need to have a degree from a third level intuition, and then you can stay in Ireland for 6 months to find a job. Once you’ve found a job, you can then apply for a Green Card. The Graduate Scheme is there to allow you stay after you graduate.

  10. ovaciklim said on 9 Oct 2007 at 11:09 am

    Let’s hope so Paul.. Do you have any experience regarding graduates.. I obtained a degree in Computer Eng and got a job as a software engineer with a salary of 31k.. just over 30k 😉

    I heard some people got refusals for being on Stamp 2? Do you have any solid experience with respect to graduates applying for a green card?

  11. paul savage said on 9 Oct 2007 at 11:13 am

    There was some posts on the forum about these I think. I don’t see any reason why not.

    Now if your application seems less than honourable I’m sure you could have problems (i.e. if you had a police record or problems with immigration before). That is only thing I could think might be cause a problem.

  12. Bing said on 13 Oct 2007 at 2:50 am

    Hi Paul,

    Much appreciated for your responses. Unfortunately I obtained my degree in Computer Engineering back at home and my initial purpose was to study English here. So I’m not qualified for the graduate scheme. Would you know any solution for this this kind of cases? Thanks!

  13. ovaciklim said on 13 Oct 2007 at 8:04 pm

    Bing, you cant be on grad scheme, but still you should be able to apply for green card from home country as normal. Being on a stamp 2 should not make any difference, dont even mention it in your application as it might cause confusion.

  14. Leila said on 22 Oct 2007 at 1:11 am

    I know someone who ended up overstaying in Ireland a few years ago but she left the country by herself with no issues with immigration. She now has a valid job offer from an Irish company and meets all requirements. Is there any chance of her getting a green card?

  15. nivea said on 29 Oct 2007 at 11:25 am

    hi i am a nursewith green card valid for 2 years and my family staying with me here can you just explain whether any taxbenefits for us.though i have married tax .

  16. jayanthi lakshminathan said on 14 Nov 2007 at 10:22 pm

    Do any non irish student can get green card?

  17. Adriana said on 20 Nov 2007 at 3:07 pm

    Hi all, I am a Masters Graduate and am currently seeking job opportunities under the third level graduate scheme. In order for me to apply for a green card, can I do it my self once I get a job offer or my potential employer should do it on my behalf?


  18. OLUWASEGUN ISAAC said on 21 Dec 2007 at 10:44 am


  19. Catherine Brouder said on 10 Jan 2008 at 9:43 am

    I am looking for an application form for stamp4 or a green card and cannot find it.

  20. Heloise said on 13 Jan 2008 at 3:54 am

    Go t ur nearest immigration office in dublin.

  21. Lena Hazen said on 5 Feb 2008 at 6:34 am

    So, as a USA college student taking a year or so off to live in Ireland with significant other, I will not be able to work?

  22. paul savage said on 5 Feb 2008 at 3:03 pm

    Lena : sadly the answer is no. You need to be studying in Ireland or recently graduated to qualify for the graduate scheme visa.

  23. Nan said on 5 Feb 2008 at 11:22 pm

    Hi, everyone,
    I had an job offer from an Irish Company recently. Can i ask after i have my Green Card where can i get my passport stamped? I am now living in the U.K, but i am a Chinese. So can i go straight to Irish Embassy in London directly instead of going back to China? With many thanks!

  24. Lyn said on 11 Feb 2008 at 11:30 am


    I am a non eu-citizen currently living now in Ireland with my Irish husband. I have a GNIB card with stamp 4 on it and an officer there said that i don’t need any work permit as I have already stamp 4 on my GNIB card but he doesn’t mention about the green card thing. I was wondering, do i need a green card to work here in Ireland? I am currently looking for job and I don’t know if I need to get a green card before I get a job here.Can someone clear this to me cause I haven’t seen any information if a spouse of an Irish needs a green card.


  25. Jitender said on 20 Mar 2008 at 8:13 pm

    Hi Everyone,
    I have a very simple query that i.e do the students who are under Graduate Scheme Program got any kind of proof that they can work for 40 hours or ANYTHING mentioned on passport(whether it may be with a pen) that they are under Graduate Scheme? I went to GNIB as soon as I completed my Masters from DCU but they gave me the same stamp passport, it is not mentioning anywhere that I am in a Graduate Scheme. As per rules I can work for 40 hrs per week but I have been trying to inform my current employer(Eircom) that I am in a Graduate Scheme but HR says that the students who are in Graduate Scheme got it mentioned on their passport that they are in graduate scheme. Its not that I have not asked at GNIB for a proof. Even the Head of GNIB came outside and told me that they will not mention it anywhere on passport that a student is on graduate scheme. But now I am sure that they give a proof as my HR told me that she has copies of three passports which show they are in Graduate Scheme. I almost lost 5 months already now. Also because of this I lost Job offers from companies like IBM, AIB, etc as I did not have such stamp. I called GNIB , Emptemp and everyone I could. Everyone is just shocked with no answer to it. Is there any authority or any department who can give me justice for this?

  26. A said on 20 Mar 2008 at 9:15 pm

    Hi Jitender, I was on the Graduate Scheme myself and I also got the same stamp in my passport, without mentioning the Graduate Scheme condition. They also replaced my GNIB card,stating again I had a stamp 2 for another 6 months. However, showing my GNIB card and in same cases a letter from my college as proof of being a Graduate, I didn’t have any problems. So,ultimately you got your visa extention, you are a graduate (with proof of it), what else does your employer need?

  27. Jitender said on 21 Mar 2008 at 12:38 pm

    Thank You for your reply. Then when my HR does not give me full time if I am showing the proof from university and why does she say she has three other passport copies which shows that they are in Graduate Scheme. Also one of my friend’s senior got a stamp in which it was written by pen that he is in Graduate Scheme. Employers need the proof on passport rather than the ‘Whom so ever It may concern’ letter from university stating that I have graduated

  28. Missy said on 28 Apr 2008 at 5:39 am

    Could someone help me also. I am a in the process of applting for a green card, knowing fully well that I do not wish to honor the 2 year contract. What are the consequences of me leaving the job?

  29. paul savage said on 28 Apr 2008 at 1:16 pm

    Missy, to be honest I don’t know. I haven’t heard if there is a problem with applicants who have broken their agreement, maybe further green cards would be jeprodised.

  30. Betty said on 28 Apr 2008 at 6:33 pm

    Hi. I applied for a green visa , was first denied but then was given after an appeal by an employer. It took 6 months. Was so sad then. When I got it .. it took 6 weeks for Irish consulate to stamp the visa on the passport. The employer told me that they were looking forward to me starting soon . I discovered now that I am pregnant.I informed my employer about my condition .The employer has now informed me 2 days before I will leave that the job is no longer available. What is my legal position in this case?

  31. paul savage said on 29 Apr 2008 at 7:15 am

    Betty as with all legal questions you should ask a layer. I think they would need to look at your job contract. Some contracts I’ve seen are not valid until the person does their first day of work. Sorry to hear about your sad story.

  32. Dale said on 29 Apr 2008 at 2:47 pm


    I’m currently working on an Australian Working Holiday Scheme Visa but qualify and plan on applying for a Green Card once this expires. Does anyone know if I will have to leave the country to do so?


  33. Zoran said on 30 Apr 2008 at 2:45 am

    I nee4d a help to immigration in Ireland

  34. john said on 30 Apr 2008 at 11:24 pm

    Is the appeal take 6 month? anyone know?Because i called department of entreprise trade and employment and they siad about5-6 weeks,i just wondering why do they take so long?

  35. Betty said on 1 May 2008 at 2:02 pm

    Dear Paul

    I really appreciate your response. The contract stated nothing about discriminating me being pregnant as I am not going to work as a model or to show my body so I am not allow to have sex and be pregnant during the 7 months processing. The contract also has the effectivity of feb 2008 to 2010. Is it not horrible on my part as I quit my job for this and spent all my savings? I could’nt believe that a develop country, with civilized Irish people could do such considering the law is there. Can I take this to court for breach of contract, discrimination and humiliation?

    Thank you again.

  36. claudia siniska said on 8 May 2008 at 11:18 am

    Dear Paul,
    I am a midwife from Mauritius,my registration is in process.Do you think i will get the green card at the end of my process and as i am on a student visa do i have to go back to my country.

  37. bindu said on 12 May 2008 at 3:08 pm

    what are the benefits of green card?

  38. Akshay said on 16 May 2008 at 7:04 pm

    Dear paul, I am applying for Maters course in finance.will it be easy for me to get job after my completion??

  39. vadivelan said on 19 May 2008 at 4:50 am

    Dear Paul, I got a IT job from an employer and my employer is not willing to sponsor me for Green card permit, so i approached a Contractor to sponsor me on basis of “Umbrella company” to apply for a green card permit and he accepted. Also he asked me to leave the country while the green card application is in process. But i have a doubt, as i am a student here he asked me to leave country.

    And my doubt is i will be working to my employer through the contractor sponsored for green card, is this type of job offers are considered for green card. Kindly help me to know please…Thanks


  40. Rashid said on 23 May 2008 at 10:31 pm

    Dear Paul, I’m currently working for an Irish company distantly from outside of EU. What kind of qualification do I need to apply for green card? Does holding Microsoft certified Professional certificate enough for that or I need third level degree? Thanks


  41. Martine said on 9 Jun 2008 at 6:28 pm

    I am a student from non-eu can i apply for a green card.

  42. Asim said on 15 Jun 2008 at 4:22 pm

    Hi, I am senior developer in my company, and my annual salary is 36K, but my status is a non-EU student (stamp 2) I have Master Degree from my country. How can I apply for Green Card.?

  43. Gurdeep said on 16 Jun 2008 at 9:27 pm

    Hi ASIM… If you havvnt got the degree/Masters degree from an irish institute then you have to go back to your home countryh and apply for Green card permit since your job is comletely eligible for this… Make sure you have the all relevant documents and your employer is aggreed while you need the time off.

    All the best

  44. Gurdeep said on 16 Jun 2008 at 10:03 pm


    I have got Graduate permit recently. The graduate permit is just a stamp 2 visa. But we can work fulltime while we are holding this permit. Surprisingly the permit stamp does not state that its a graduate permit or anything like that… its exactly the SAME stamp as i am having for last 6 years for student VISA.

    I felt i should share this info just to avoid the confusion as I was totally confused when I got it so confused that I had to ring GNIB to confirm it.


  45. Ruben said on 30 Jun 2008 at 6:14 am

    Is it possible to check green card application status through some official website?

  46. Zest said on 2 Jul 2008 at 7:01 pm

    Hi, I was from non EU and recently completed(passed) my 4 years of graduation from Irish University, and now I am on Graduate permit of 6 six months. I got my result for my final year last month and my Graduation cermony will be in November. I got job offer from one company and I fulfil all the requirements of Green Card. But my company is saying that they can’t apply for my Green Card unless I get the Graduate diploma certificate (which I will get on the day of my Graduation cermony in Nov). So my question is that if I submit my results and the college letter mentioning that I successfully completed all my years and I am due to graduate in November, will that be acceptable for the Green Card application?, Or they really need the Graduate diploma certificate?. Although at this stage there is nothing which can stop me to get my degree certificate in November.
    Also if my company apply for my Work permit in November will I will be able to get my Green Card in one month because my 6 months Graduate permit is going to expire in December.

    Can anyone please help me.

    Great thanks

  47. troy said on 3 Jul 2008 at 9:07 pm

    Zest, I was at exactly same situation as you. I got a letter from the faculty of engineering saying that I completed my degree successfully etc and I would be conferred with the degree certificate in October. In the interim, this letter confirms that… so it is not such a big deal, get that letter from college and let your company work it out. G’luck!

  48. moise bareng said on 20 Jul 2008 at 1:57 pm

    hi,im an afican from cameroon and i wish to find out if i can have a job in ireland and is it possible for me to apply from africa for a job?

  49. Colin said on 24 Jul 2008 at 2:28 pm

    Hi, my girl friend is american, she has a degree in journalisim and has worked in internat sales, marketing and distrinution over the past 4 years of employment. she is hoping to come out here to ireland to work, what are he options? she has a job offer of an indefinite time, from what i can find out the offer needs to be of 2 or more years to qualify for green card application, im sure her employer could “offer” that if she asked. but what about work permits, is there a minimum time you must spend working for the employer whom she first works with? say if she wanted to change employer after a month of been here, what are her options? can she re apply with a different employer with out having to leave the country to re apply for another work visa or green card? Thank you for your help!

  50. sash travers said on 30 Jul 2008 at 8:17 am

    I have a Nanny who is brazilian and when she came to ireland she was 1 week pregnant so she didn’t know. Now she is leaving to return home in a few weeks, If she stays and has the baby here what will happen? we’ll she be aloud stay on r will she be deported

  51. Jane Kelly said on 10 Aug 2008 at 5:02 pm

    Hello from Canada. I’m desperate and would appreciate any advice. Lived and worked in Balbriggan for six months in 2005 with a student work permit. Returned home to Canada after six months and back to my employer. I am a Family Support Worker working with social services/welfare. Realistically, what are my chances of securing a job offer in my field and how do I go about doing so? I have committed to making Dublin my permanent home but it seems next to impossible for skilled Canadians or Americans with my degree to secure a job offer. I hope someone has an ephipany for me and I’ve tried just about everything. Does anyone know any Canadians working in Ireland in the social services field and if so, how did they secure their job? Many thanks.

  52. Laura said on 20 Aug 2008 at 2:10 pm

    Hi, I had a query on Green Card application if anyone can help. we have an employee with us on a student visa (stamp 2) who has just completed college and will be working with us full time. when we apply for her Green Card does she need to be out of the country? Thanks in advance.

  53. MA said on 9 Sep 2008 at 2:48 pm

    Hi,this is MA from dublin,have been working with financial company since 3 years in a fraud investigator department,I would like to apply for green card in December pls help with my application.I will give you more information.Thanks in advance.

  54. Jacob said on 13 Sep 2008 at 12:04 pm

    hai, I am having a work permit, obtained on the basis of spousal visa and i work as a computer technician with an annual salary of 32K. whether i can apply for green card now? i have been in employment for last 2 months. pls help..

  55. Arrilla said on 3 Oct 2008 at 7:35 pm

    Hi, i am USA citizen and i’m going to Cork, Ireland on June 21st 2009, i am 17 years old. what do i need to do to enter the state as something other that a tourist? because as of now i’m not eligible for a work permit, but i would like to work and eventually attend university at UCC. if i have a GNIB card amd i allowed to stay for more than 3 months with no work permit?

  56. chinenye said on 5 Nov 2008 at 9:50 pm

    i came to ireland on the first january 2007 to stay with my parent who has been granted permission to stay in ireland under the ibc scheme of 2005 and i applied for family renuification and waz sent back to bring my original paSSport,prof of when i entered the state,prof of schooling,my mum’s green card and my birth certificate,for how long wil i wait to be granted stamp 4 pls advise me thanks.

  57. dadif said on 25 Nov 2008 at 12:28 am

    Hay any idea if a salary of 24k for a IT technician will be accepted for the green cars scheme

  58. NIKHIL.T.MATHEW said on 30 Jan 2009 at 9:44 pm

    hi am nikhil, i am a B.Pharm graduate from india.i would like 2 do my M.Sc pharmaceutical analysis from trinity coll , dblin.i want 2 know whether after my studies in ireland will i be able to work in any pharma industry at ireland with a work permit?? someone plz give a reply,as i am totally unaware of all these things!!

  59. ifeona onuorah said on 6 Feb 2009 at 2:33 pm

    i qualify. i want to live and work in ireland

  60. jeanette said on 23 Apr 2009 at 2:10 pm

    I have set up my own consultancy company specialising in Irish Immigration. Please feel free to contact me if you would like advice and/or assistance – I look forward to hearing from you.

  61. Gurdeep said on 23 Apr 2009 at 2:22 pm

    Reply to 52- Laura said on 20 Aug 2008 at 2:10 pm

    Hi Laura, No If the employee has completed Studies in Ireland, He/She do not need to leave Ireland. But She/He will need the graduate Permit first after the Education’s final Results. Then She/he can apply for Green card within Ireland.

  62. jeanette said on 23 Apr 2009 at 2:35 pm

    gurdeep/laura it depends on what type of course the graduate completed in irl. Not all qualify for the graduate scheme and if the course doesnt the person if visa required national will need to go home & return with the permit.

  63. jeanette said on 23 Apr 2009 at 2:36 pm

    and not all positions qualify for a green card permit

  64. Laura said on 10 May 2009 at 2:11 am

    Someone from Cork, please talk to me!!

    I’m a 21yo Australian girl, I’m outgoing, very friendly and good-looking. I’m moving to Cork on the 21st June this year… and I’m petrified I’m not going to be able to find a job!! Is it really as bad as they say? My life depends on being able to stay in Cork!! :'(!!!!

  65. Laura said on 10 May 2009 at 2:13 am

    Oops, that was a bit conceited, I’m just saying… does being better looking give me a better chance of getting a job! Please say yes! Or is it seriously that bad that you can’t get a job anywhere. Please reply and don’t think I’m conceited! LOL.

  66. jeanette said on 13 May 2009 at 2:58 pm

    Laura email me and I will see if I can help you…

  67. Gurdeep said on 13 May 2009 at 8:39 pm

    Hi Laura… Well Its not Bad here if you are skilled I mean IT or Similar line is still OK but other markets are moving very Slow here.. !!

  68. Gurdeep said on 13 May 2009 at 8:39 pm

    Hi Laura… Well Its not Bad here if you are skilled, I mean I.T. or Similar lines are still OK but other markets are moving very Slow here.. !!

  69. Renata said on 16 Jul 2009 at 11:30 am

    Are there any updates with LTR or Perm Residence for Green Card holders after 2 years of working on GC? My understanding is that an INIS has brocken the promise for LTR and refuses to grant it to this category of high-skilled migrants.

  70. XJ said on 31 Jul 2009 at 8:48 pm

    Can I have some details of lawyers specializing in green cards & immigration to Ireland. cheers

  71. jeanette said on 7 Aug 2009 at 12:28 pm

    I specialise in Irish Immigration services and can help you….my contact details are on (I am finalising my website). I have 7 yrs experience, I worked with Deloitte & Touche and left and set up my own company this yr.

  72. jeanette said on 7 Aug 2009 at 12:30 pm

    No update re: LTR for GC holders. They havent backed down, the law needs to be passed before they can implement the policy/procedure…

  73. Hilary said on 18 Sep 2009 at 7:40 am

    I had read somewhere that the list of jobs you could get a green card for had changed this year. Does anybody know what the changes on? I’ve tried to figure it out on the government websites and have had no luck.

    Also maybe someone can help me out. I’m American and trying to move to Ireland. I have a BA but now I need at least a Masters to get any good jobs. I’m looking into either accounting, education, or possibly doing a BS in Nursing. Does any one know which of these would be the best option for getting into Ireland in the next few years? Thanks!

  74. Anastasia said on 18 Nov 2009 at 11:22 pm

    hey, I know that non-EEC nationals studying for accounting qualification with any of the accounting bodies in Ireland are entitled to stay. I am currently finishing my degree and am looking for a trainee position in accounting practice but it doesn’t look hopeful at the moment. Can I get a permission to stay while studying with ACA or CIMA even if I dont get a training contract? or do I have to have a training contract secured in order to get my visa extension? Can anyone advise me?

  75. Ally said on 10 Feb 2010 at 2:01 pm


    I am an Indian, now an Irish passport holder since 2007( married to Irish citizen) and would like my mom 76yrs old (Indian pspt holder) to come and live with us. Is it possible? we applied for long term residency for her but they rejected it, since she is not a dependant or spouse!
    many thanks

  76. Oakkar Myo Thein Kyaing said on 2 Mar 2010 at 8:16 am

    i am myanmar .So my country difficul to go for another country .so ;i want to ireland country .i don’t know my country haven’t ireland Embassy or How i know applying to ireland Green Card.

  77. Masi said on 27 Mar 2010 at 11:47 pm

    Hi Everyone,
    I am in Dublin on Student Visa and just got a offer letter for Irish company with 40K. I have comnpleted my Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science and have Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE), CISCO Certified Network Associate (CCNA) and trained in CCNP with 3 years of Experience as Sytem Admin.After going through all the threads i am sure i am eligible for Green card, Can anyone confirm this? Alos whats the best procedure to apply this (Ireland or should i apply from home country) also do i need to cancel my Student VISA in case if i need to apply from my home country? I am not eligible for Graduate scheme and my current student visa expires in Oct 10 and the passport expires July 2011. Any advice or help would be much appriciated

  78. j said on 7 Apr 2010 at 9:01 pm

    you may not qualify for a green card as you do not appear to have any work experience…do u?

  79. Biswas said on 18 Jun 2010 at 3:20 am

    Hello!I am an non EEU national, who worked under a work visa for 3 + years- then my contract was made permanent. Then I took a 2 yr career break and now due to resume, but looks like I may eligible for work permit only as the income level is lower that green card.however employers r willing to apply for work permit. But my occupation is taken off skilled list now, unlike when I was working before. Now will they value my permanent contract or not? Also, if the work permit is given, and if i happen to be pregnant during joining, will I get any maternity benfits at all? will there be a risk of losing the job even though its permanent?

  80. j said on 6 Jul 2010 at 3:25 pm

    Hi I am not sure what you mean when you say you are only entitled to apply for a work permit. The min salary level is the same as a Green card which is €30,000 p/a.

  81. FURQAN NOOR said on 16 Nov 2010 at 12:34 am


    I am a Pakistani student doing PhD in Electronics Engineering in NUI Galway. I have been doing this since last 2 years and 10 months and the funding of my project is draining in Feb 2011. Although my PhD will not be finished in Feb 2011. Therefore I have been told to seek a full time job to support myself and try to complete PhD part time.
    Before Phd I have a bachelors degree in ELectronics engineering from Pakistan and Masters degree in ELectronics engineering from Sweden. I also have five years work experience in an industry in Pakistan. Now I have been offered a job by a multinational company. The offered salary is 45k. As I am not eleigible for graduate scehem yet( because my PhD is in progress) what should be the appropriate way for me to apply for the green card. Should I leave Ireland and then apply for the green card form my home country? Do I also have to apply for a new visa on the basis of that green card. My studnet visa is valid up to july 2010 and my passport is valid up to april 2012. Do I need to make a new passport so that it is valid for full two year duration of green card.Do i need to include photocopies of my stamp two visas in my green card application.
    Kinldy advise me on these issues. I shall be very thankful to you

  82. jay said on 28 Nov 2010 at 11:58 pm

    Hi, I am jay and I have got a job offer for the second time, first time I applied for a green card in 2009 and it got rejected.. I later re-appealed but had no luck.. I continued to work for same employer ona student visa norms and now after 2 years working in IT sector I have got another job offer which again fulfills all green card requirements.. My new employer has applied again for me and I am expecting a positive outcome this time. What are my legal obligations and do you think I will be getting this a green card this time? Will be waiting for a response from anyone on this matter.. 🙂

  83. Thach said on 5 Aug 2011 at 7:50 pm

    Hi, I was from non EU and I married with Bulgarian man, he has worked Ireland from 2007 but he didn’t hold work permit so I was just refused my applycation for Resident Card from Irish Immigartion Officer,they give advise that I should contact Removeals Unit but what document will I submit to Removeals Unit? Please give me advise

  84. nikita said on 17 Sep 2011 at 2:26 pm

    i am at uk on student visa with my husband in between i am pregnant so, pls tell me what is the rules for that situation can i eligable for green card or my little baby have any advantage to born in uk?

Comments are closed.