Supervalu announce 580 New Jobs - Irish Job News - News on Jobs for Ireland

Supervalu announce 580 New Jobs

17 April 2007 | Ireland | 53 Responses by paul savage.

Today, the Irish supermarket retail chain, SuperValu (www.supervalu.ie) have announced that they have plans to open 8 new stores, and with it creating 280 new jobs. The total cost of this capital investment is valued around €49 million, which should be spent on the new stores in 2007.

work at supervalu ireland

If you are looking for a job the best way would be to contact your nearest store and bring along an up to date copy of your CV. SuperValu hires all levels of people, from Managers to floor staff, to delicatessen workers.

1. Mohammad Shameem Ashrafi Elaheebocus said on 7 Jun 2007 at 2:04 pm

i would have like to work in this Super market in my future.. And i think that would be a great opportunity in my life..to make a good future

2. paul savage said on 9 Jun 2007 at 2:00 pm

Mohammad this best thing you can do is to contact the store directly.

3. ELIZABETH BARRON said on 14 Feb 2008 at 9:03 pm

please advise of when and to whom to apply for work at new SUPERVALUE STORE currently under construction at SANDHILLS on the outskirts of CARLOW town

4. shauna slaney said on 30 Apr 2008 at 1:02 am

hi i would like to work in this super market it gives me a good start in life i love being part of a team and its realy handy for me because i only live up the road from supervalue

5. megan keown said on 10 Jun 2008 at 3:28 pm

hi i notice you are opening a new store in bundoran co.donega. i was just wondering who do i get in contact with about applying for a summerjob there. thank you Megan keown

6. paul savage said on 10 Jun 2008 at 3:34 pm

Megan, The best would be to keep an eye out for when the put up a sign for staff. Typically this will be 2-4 weeks in advance. Or you could try and contact the other stores in Donegal to see if they know anything about it : http://www.supervalu.ie/contact_us/store.582.8.html

regards,
    p

7. Oonagh Doherty said on 12 Jun 2008 at 11:10 am

Hi Can you please advise of when the new supervalu store will be opening in Ballybofey and how can i apply for a job there.

8. Terence Braney said on 15 Jul 2008 at 12:51 pm

Please could you advise where I should apply for a job as an Artic-Driver, Thanking you.
    T.A.Braney

9. Mohammad Masum Ahmed said on 25 Aug 2008 at 3:16 pm

Hi i would like to work in supervalue.how can i apply for the job?Thanks.Mohammad Masum ahmed

10. Taiwo said on 3 Oct 2008 at 6:53 pm

Hi, i have try my possible best to be one of the supervalu staff since 2006 but all what they told me is that SORRY no vacancy but now have drop my C.V in ballybane store again waiting for reply for almost 4weeks now.

11. Patrick Ofolu said on 11 Oct 2008 at 10:50 am

Hello,i live a pole away from the supervalu at aylesbury but wont mind anyone within my vicinity to work.Am hard working,a goal getter,an achiever,team player,work with little or no supervision,inspired by challenges and above all God fearing.

12. Patrick Ofolu said on 23 Oct 2008 at 4:40 pm

Hello,i am interested in working with you organisation and i made my intentions known to your web on the 11th oct,2008.I live in Aylesbury,very close to the super valu in that location and i hope to hear from you soonest.

13. vasu said on 12 Nov 2008 at 12:37 pm

Hello,i am interested in working with you organisation and i made my intentions known to your web on the 11th oct,2008.I live in dublin,very close to the super valu in that location and i hope to hear from you soonest.

14. paul savage said on 12 Nov 2008 at 12:44 pm

Vasu and others, you will need to contact the company directly, we have nothing to do with SuperValu or to do with the process of hiring employees.

Paul

15. lazarus said on 24 Nov 2008 at 8:52 pm

looking for a full time or a parttime job in supervalue on the floor. got 2 years experience in food industry. i live in cork. is there any vacancies. lookin forward to hear from you.

16. alison said on 19 Dec 2008 at 2:45 am

I am currently working for a large retail company as a trainee hr manager but because of the down turn in the economy there letting all trainee managers go.I would love to continue my career in retail please inform me of job details in limerick.

17. Niamh Gorman said on 6 Jan 2009 at 11:27 am

Hi, I’m Currently in college in Cork city and I’m looking for a part time job in my local super value store in Millstreet Co. cork, I/m available to start immidately, i have alot of experience in the past with dealing with the public.

18. Jaynesh Bhugwant said on 21 Jan 2009 at 1:20 pm

Hi,
    I am looking for a job in retail and I have relevant experiences in this field.I have been working as sales representative for 3 years time and therefore I know how to cater for the needs of customers very well.
    Please if there’s any openings for me do let me know and always available for an interview.
    Thank You.
    Jaynesh.

19. laura said on 23 Jan 2009 at 11:23 pm

y are dunnes stores letting all trainee maagers go im one in supervalu and there turnover is way less than dunnes

20. anusha said on 16 Feb 2009 at 9:32 pm

hi,am a mauritian , i live in the city centre and i have worked for more than 1 year on the deli in a spar and i am looking for a challenging work and it would be great if i can find a jod in the supervalue

21. Mr. Johan Bantjes said on 25 Feb 2009 at 7:34 pm

Good day, I am 46 and the Manager for a retail group in South Africa. I would like to take on a challenge and expand my horizons in Ireland in retail. How do I go about applying for a position with Supervalu? Please advise.

Thank you.
    Sincerely
    Mr. Johan Bantjes

22. Varkey Renjith said on 28 Feb 2009 at 10:58 am

Hai,I am looking for a job in super valu as a store assistant.I have 2 year experience in sales department in India.presently i am living in meath county.if there is any vacancies,let me know,piease.

23. Anoop Nair said on 24 Mar 2009 at 4:19 pm

Hi,my name is Anoop ,living in kilkenny.l am interested in taking up a job in your firm.please inform me if you have any vaccancies.

24. Cheryl Bolger said on 22 Apr 2009 at 3:24 pm

To whom it may concern, I have just achieved an honours degree in retail management and i am currently employed in the Tramore supervalu in County Waterford as a till assistant. I wish to further my carrer with this company. So if there is any management positions open i would be very interested.

yours faithfully

Cheryl Bolger

25. Amit Sharma said on 25 Apr 2009 at 9:15 pm

Hi,my name is Amit Sharma i am currently in college in Dublin City Center.I am looking a part time job in Supervalu. I have relevant experience.Please inform me if you have any vacancies.

26. christine said on 19 May 2009 at 7:18 pm

my name is christine ennis and i am currently looking for parttime work,i previously worked retail for 4 years,i was acting manager of that store

27. Julie Dalton said on 7 Jun 2009 at 6:15 pm

My name is Julie Dalton living in Cork City I am 16 and looking for part time work. Do you have any vacancies ?

28. Karl Mac Namara said on 1 Oct 2009 at 11:35 am

My name is Karl Mac Namara living in south Dublin. I am 20 and wondering if there is any part time work

29. Ludmila said on 19 Oct 2009 at 12:01 pm

Hi! My name is Ludmila, 23 years old ,I’ m looking for a full time or a part time job. Please contact me on 085 115 13 51 if there are any vacancies.

30. john zuczok said on 2 Nov 2009 at 2:10 pm

i am a artic driver with clean licence and digt card safe pass,and lived in ireland driving artic i done fridge work before in ireland and to find employmen at supervalu as a artic driver i have many years in transport in uk and over here steel bams on trumbone extenable trailers containers from dublin docks to all parts of the country

31. Anne Marie said on 30 Nov 2009 at 5:40 pm

hello I am living in cork go to college at UCC am available weekends and evenings if needed does anyone know of a job being available anywhere here in the city if so please write!!!

32. ahmed mohiuddin said on 20 Dec 2009 at 9:34 pm

hi,could any one tell me how to apply for the job in the super value store or which site to go please help me to find it…thx…

33. aleksandr said on 8 Jan 2010 at 9:01 pm

hello im aleksandr im looking towards to work in super valu (dublin 5 ) im 16 …. im very good worker … please write i will wait . thanks

34. Margaret Kinsella said on 2 Mar 2010 at 8:14 am

Hi,I would like to apply for a job in a supervalu store in dublin if there are any please reply to my e-mail. Thank you

35. John Flood said on 2 Mar 2010 at 8:20 am

Hi Recruitment team. I have worked in construction for the past 7 years up untill the economy went bad. I have experience in retail in merchandising before my construction job and I enjoyed the retail more than the building work. I live in Sallynoggin and your Deansgrange store would be perfect for me. I would appreciate a chance to prove myself if there is a vacancy at the moment

John Flood

36. paul savage said on 2 Mar 2010 at 11:30 am

You need to contact Supervalu directly, this is just a blog, we don’t have anything to do with their recruitment department.

37. Nanda said on 7 Mar 2010 at 7:56 pm

lol
    Paul, I don’t think people can understand what you’ve been trying to explain since 2007 :O …. 🙂 “this is just a blog” !!!! lol

Hey Paul, I would like to apply for a job in Supervalu, why can’t you accept my CV ???? Why?????? 😉

Sorry, couldn’t resist 🙂

38. rabia said on 3 Apr 2010 at 11:15 pm

Hai,I am looking for a job in super valu as a store assistant.I have experience in sales department in ireland .presently i am living in dublin fir house county.if there is any vacancies,let me know,plz

39. nazim ur rehman said on 17 Jun 2010 at 12:15 am

im lokking for job i have retail exprence 3yera,i hope u will condsider me .thanks

40. nazim ur rehman said on 17 Jun 2010 at 12:16 am

i have 3yer retin and till stock excprence hope u consider me .thanks

41. laura said on 3 Jul 2010 at 10:53 am

guys nye have 2 contact yere local supervalu for jobs as they are all independently owned by diferent people this is jus a blog from a newspapr
    er log onto supervalu.ie for your local stores or just hand in cvs to the shops

42. cath said on 16 Jul 2010 at 8:57 pm

love to work from home making something to sell. would love some suggestions, as i have plenty of time, but not enough money ti make ends meat. thanks for all your help in advance, yours C,C.

43. mathai said on 26 Mar 2011 at 9:43 am

Iam looking for ajob in supper value,ihave 9 years ex in gulf.i am in mountmellick and how to get appliction form will you please help me.my mobile number is 0879702804 or e -mail

44. Mary said on 6 Apr 2011 at 10:23 pm

hey. do you know if there is a job vacancy in Clifden or westport

45. Enya said on 29 Apr 2011 at 12:11 am

im a really friendly person and enjoy interacting with people a sales person would be a great job for me 🙂

46. hoang ta said on 25 May 2011 at 9:27 pm

hi! i wanna apply job for super value in mountmellick. it seem they will open on this summer. how can i apply? please responding me.

47. Sabrina Hayes said on 18 Jun 2011 at 11:06 pm

Hi, Just like to no if there are taking on any staff in Rahney Dublin. As i am looking for an sales assistant Please respond

48. sreekanth said on 3 Jul 2011 at 10:59 pm

Hai,I am looking for a job in super valu as a store assistant.I have 2 year experience in sales department in India.presently i am living in city center,Dublin,Ireland .if there is any vacancies,let me know,piease.

49. yasmin gavin said on 19 Aug 2011 at 1:54 am

hi l would love to be part of the team in the new mountmellick supervalue store.l have just received my leaving cert results yesterday, very happy.l am a very outgoing and friendly person and love meeting people.l live in mountmellick.have up to date cv.

50. wesley santos said on 21 Sep 2011 at 10:53 am

hi my namy wesley i have experience in work in butcher factor beff i work in mace i not afraid off hard work please contact me on 0871****

51. Asif Hayat Khan said on 25 Dec 2011 at 8:02 pm

Hi,i am Asif Hayat Khan from pakistan,i worked in super value in kells, co math in 2002,please convey my Christmas greetings to all my fellows & mr. michael gibny manager

52. lukas said on 7 Aug 2012 at 7:10 pm

i lookinj job for super valu i m butcher 6 years expierience. i loooking any job

53. anthony smyth said on 30 Dec 2012 at 7:48 pm

Hi, I have previous experience within the food/retail industry. I am very anxious to return to the sector as I have been working as a lab technician for approx 5years, due to the economic climate i have been reluctant to change back into retail. I know feel the need to change and return to retail. My previous position as a ‘assistant manager’ gave me experience and knowledge of the requirements within the retail industry. I understand that i may need to start from the beginning again within the industry. I would be very greatfull if you would consider me as a candidate to work within a supervalue store. I feel this is where my future lies as i am a people person and i regret having to leave retail previously. Thankyou kindly.