What Jobs Qualify for an Irish Green Card? - Irish Job News - News on Jobs for Ireland

What Jobs Qualify for an Irish Green Card?

24 April 2007 | Ireland | 125 Responses by paul savage.

Here is a comprehensive list, based on the details provided by the Department of Enterprise Trade and Employment Documentation [1] of jobs that qualify for an Irish Green Card. Please note that for medical professionals you will need to register with the relevant state authorities and have documentation of accreditation, before you submit your Irish Green Card Application. This is for jobs that have an annual salary between €30,000 – €59,999.

Economic Sector Occupation Job Titles
Information Technology ICT Professional Computer Systems Managers, Computer Analysts, Computer Programmers and Computer Testers
Healthcare Health Professionals Medical Practitioners, Pharmacists/Pharmacologists and related occupations, Registered Nurses, Registered Midwives, Specialist Nurses and Dental Practitioners
Health associate professionals Medical Radiographers, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Psychologists, Audiologists, Dieticians, Social Workers, Medical Scientists, Orthoptists, Medical Physicists, ECG Technicians, Speech and Language Therapists, Neuropsychological Measurement Technicians, Biochemists, Vascular Technicians, Respiratory Technicians, Cardiac Catheterisation Technicians and GI Function Technicians
Industry Professional Engineers and Technologists Civil, Mining, Electrical, Software, Chemical, Design and Development, Planning and Quality Control, Network, Validation, Product Development, Process and Equality
Industry Construction Professionals Architects, Quantity and Other Surveyors and Building Managers
Education / Healthcare / Industry Researchers and Natural Scientists Researchers, Chemists, Natural Scientists, Biological Scientists, Physicists and Material Scientists
Financial Business and Financial Professionals and associate professionals Chartered and Certified Accountants, Actuaries, Economists, Statisticians, Management Consultants, Business Analysts, Underwriters, Claims Assessors and Analysts, Risk Professionals, Security Specialists, Fund and Investment Management Specialists, Common Law Jurisdiction Lawyers with experience of the financial services sector, Investment Funds Professionals, Fund Accountants, Fund Valuations Professionals, Fund Administrators, Custody Specialists, Transfer Agents, Hedge Fund Specialists, Compliance Specialists, Risk Specialists, Tax Experts and Legal Experts
Industry / Services Specialist managers Marketing and other Specialist Managers.

Irish Green Card

Applications are currently taking up to 8 weeks (24/4/07). If the job you are applying for is not on this list, you won’t be offered an Irish Green Card. (sorry)

1. Irish Job News - News on Jobs for Ireland » Irish Green Card System Announced said on 24 Apr 2007 at 7:30 am

[…] Recent Jobs News What Jobs Qualify for an Irish Green Card? Independent News & Media to create 60 jobs in Newry Supervalue announce 580 New Jobs ACI […]

2. Dave Davis said on 25 Apr 2007 at 12:22 am

Fantastic list Paul! I never knew there were so little actually. The minimum salary is pretty low too.

3. paul.savage said on 25 Apr 2007 at 7:35 am

Cheers Dave, the list is take from that PDF linked above, but a HTML table should be easier for people to find ;).

True the wages are on the lower side, but some of these jobs, i.e. nurses (who are trying to get an increase) or bio scientists, might find it hard to get over the threshold of €30k. But at least it is accessible.

Living on €30k gross wages in Dublin could be quite hard !Some of the titles are a little bit on the vague side which is good too.

4. mlan2399 said on 25 Apr 2007 at 4:09 pm

Yes some of the titles are a bit vague. One of them that falls under the ‘Information Technology’ category is ‘Computer Analysts’. How can I find out what jobs meets this category. What about the following:

IT & NETWORK SECURITY SPECIALIST
    IT Systems Specialist
    Information Security Analyst
    Lead IT SEcurity Specialist
    Network Security Engineer
    Systems Security Engineer
    Network and IT Security Architect
    Network Administrator
    Systems Administrator
    Systems Engineer

I need to know so that I can figure out what jobs I can and can’t apply for. Does this simply mean that ‘analyst’ has to be in the job title?

Thank you!

5. paul.savage said on 25 Apr 2007 at 9:03 pm

To be honest mlan, I would contact the Dept. of Enterprise, Trade and Employment, and see what their stance on the issue is. Also it may be possible for your employer to change/tweak the job title if you do get it.

All the best.

6. jane said on 26 Apr 2007 at 7:37 pm

so, that means i can apply as nurses r included in that category…wat if i am not getting it with in one month…can any body tell me more details regrding applying for green card…..preferably who got the green card among non eeu immigrants.thanks

7. mansoor said on 4 May 2007 at 7:27 am

so, its mean i can apply for IT jobs, becs i did Master in IT, how to apply for visa, anyone can tel me, mansoor.ahmed@hotmail.com

8. paul.savage said on 4 May 2007 at 10:59 am

Mansoor, you apply for a job that has a contract for at least 2 years. Once you have a job offer, then you apply to the Department of Enterprise Trade and Employment in Dublin for a Green Card.

regards,
    paul

9. Clayton de Boer said on 7 May 2007 at 6:56 am

Hi I am a Qualified IT Engineer with over 5 years experience living in South Africa and have just completed my International Advanced VSAT Installers certification and have a potential job offer for €68k in Ireland could anyone advise whether I would qualify if applying for greencard? Thanks for the help regards,
    Clayton

10. Sunil said on 12 May 2007 at 12:23 pm

Sir, I’m a Registered Pharamcist(4 years of graduatios B.Pharmacy) in India. Could youplease guide me how to proceed for a Green Card inireland.I would be gratefull to you.

11. paul.savage said on 12 May 2007 at 2:28 pm

Sunil : Apply for any open position at a pharmacy, if you get offered the job that has at least a contract length of 2 years, then you can apply for a green card. You won’t get a green card without a job offer. Simple !

Clayton de Boer
    : yes you would !

12. Sunil said on 12 May 2007 at 7:21 pm

paul.savage > Thanks Mr Paul for the information but I am sorry that I did not mention all details about my request, I thought its hard to get any reply here but I am pleased after reading your quick reply.I’m residing in India, actually I visited a consultant today.He is dealing with irish education and claims that as soon as one will complete their studies( he also provided a job website) you will get a job and next day you can apply for green card.They are offering MBA courses at Dublin Business school which is a private org. Sir, I am basicaly a Pharmacy graduate(B.Pharma) and registered with State pharmacy Council.I’m working as Drug Sales Representative for a Pharmaceutical company.

Still do you think Can I make their without studying? Honestly I dnt have funds to assist my education there. Any guidance in this regard shall be more than a oxygen to my life.Thanks

13. paul.savage said on 12 May 2007 at 8:55 pm

Sunil, be careful here. If you are coming here on a student visa and then try to get a job and green, the department of probably won’t look on that very well. If you want to come to Ireland, I would suggest you go and try and do everything above board. So simply do in my post above.

14. andrea said on 16 May 2007 at 6:11 am

I’m confuse on how to take up residency in Ireland. I’m currently living in the States and would like to relocate to Ireland. What are the steps to obtain residence? I do have an accounting degree with 4 years experience. Getting a job in my field would be no problem.

I read that a U.S. passport holder does not need to apply for a visa, please explain this.

Andrea

15. Irish Job News - News on Jobs for Ireland » Irish Green Card FAQ said on 28 May 2007 at 1:00 pm

[…] A comprehensive list can be found [here]. […]

16. K. M. Bhaskar said on 2 Jun 2007 at 6:11 pm

I am an Indian, a Medical Scientist doing currently PgC BMS from the University of Ulster and practising in Saudi Arabia. My profession is included in the list of health associate professionals, please help me to obtain a green card visa to work in Ireland.
    Please help me to get a green card visa to work in Ireland’s health care industry as my profession is Medical Laboratory scientist-Histopathology and is included in the health associate professional’s list

17. paul.savage said on 2 Jun 2007 at 6:19 pm

KM : you can apply for this on your own. See post #7, get a job offer, then apply.
    regards,
    paul.

18. Irish Job News - News on Jobs for Ireland » Third Level Graduate Scheme Permit said on 25 Jun 2007 at 12:05 pm

[…] The graduate is allowed to stay for 1 stay of up to 6 months after the date they receive their exam results. The purpose of these 6 months is to give the graduate a chance to find a job that would allow them to qualify for an Irish Green Card. […]

19. ovaciklim said on 6 Jul 2007 at 1:21 am

Has anyone obtained a green card? Especially software engineers? and others as well? It says it takes 8 weeks but what is it in reality? any answer is appreciated!

20. patience said on 15 Jul 2007 at 1:40 pm

Yes I got a green card. I am a Mechanical Engineer, and I waited from 16 February to 3rd of June. They were issues I needed to sort out along the way, so it might be faster for those with their papers in better order.

You definitely qualify for green card scheme based on your salary alone. The company or yourself can apply provided that the contract is for at lest 2 yrs. The company doesnt need to prove that they couldn’t find an eu person which removes many hurdles for you.

21. ovaciklim said on 23 Jul 2007 at 2:41 am

Congs patience! Thanks for the info.

Anyone else obtained a Green Card doing the paper work in order? How long did it take? Also are there any refusals? what are the reasons for the refusals? As long as the salary is above 30k, and the job is in the allowed group like software engineers, and the rest of paper work is in order, is it guarantee that green card will be issued? Thx!

22. sachin soni said on 25 Jul 2007 at 8:55 am

I am living in india. I want to apply for study visa in dublin business school, ireland take the postgraduate diploma in business studies. Please tell me after the course Can I get the job in finance related and Can I apply for green card permit.

I have second option to do the study which is MA in Marketing. Which course will get the green card permit and good job.
    Reply soon

Sachin Soni

23. paul.savage said on 25 Jul 2007 at 9:43 am

Sachin : Info for student visas after you graduate can be found here http://www.eirjobs.com/news/third-level-graduate-scheme-permit/

This will be okay to use while you are searching for a job in the finance industry that qualifies on the jobs listing.
    Also everyone should take the time to read our FAQ on Green Cards : http://www.eirjobs.com/news/irish-green-card-faq/

regards,
    paul.

P.S. use the search box on the right hand side of the page.

ovaciklim : the most recent duration I’ve heard is 5 weeks.

24. stevo said on 27 Jul 2007 at 8:23 pm

hiya paul,
    i studied in ireland for 4 years was on a student visa during me studies,left the country for kuwait i am indian by birth.Now wish to come over to ireland,i miss the craic i used to have ,anyways i am in love with a polish citizen we plan to tie the knot in a couple of weeks,i have a masters in software and research (again from ireland)and i am aware of the fact that ireland has many software jobs.Firstly marrying a EU citizen outside EU would the spuse of the EU citizen be permitted to work in ireland without a green card or work permit.Or do i need to hunt for a employeer who is ready to sponsor me.

25. stevo said on 27 Jul 2007 at 8:29 pm

hey sunil,
    my advice would be to look for education in australia or the states ,ireland is
    a risk the consultants in india lie about jobs i studied there mate atleast now they started a green card system before all me classmates studied and left the country to england ,states or back to india.The consultants want to make only money be careful

26. Biran Bajra Bajracharya said on 2 Aug 2007 at 11:22 am

I want jewellery sales job. I have 12yrs experience in jewellery field.

27. paul savage said on 2 Aug 2007 at 11:28 am

Biran Bajra Bajracharya : see the list of jobs that qualify for a green card at the top of the page. Jewellery isn’t on it.

stevo : once you are married you have the same rights as your spouse to work in Ireland. Just keep all your documentation, i.e. wedding certificate when you are coming to Ireland.

28. stevo said on 2 Aug 2007 at 11:41 am

Hi paul,
    Agree but we are not getting married in ireland we would be in the middle east ,but after marriage do i need a visa to work or visit the EU ,or how does it work,i am aware of the fact that if you get married in the EU things would be different not sure if you marry a EU citizen outside the EU whats the process ,can you advise

29. paul savage said on 2 Aug 2007 at 11:46 am

stevo : I think you would need to find out the polish equivalent of this process and then get your polish citizenship that way. Once you have polish citizenship you can then come to Ireland and work. 🙂

30. stevo said on 2 Aug 2007 at 11:53 am

yeah but aint interested in a getting a polish citizenship dont want to loose me existing one?? i thought the process would be to go to the local embassy show ur marriage certificate and get a residency stamp for poland this way i could travel to EU without a visa and work for IT companies without a work visa
    Let me know
    cheers

hey paul this blog site is good you answering my threads quite fast ,pleased to have found this site

31. paul savage said on 2 Aug 2007 at 11:56 am

TBH I don’t know. I think you would need to talk to a professional about this, i.e. a lawyer who deals with this.

btw. you’re welcome 😀

32. stevo said on 2 Aug 2007 at 11:59 am

do u know of any paul

33. paul savage said on 2 Aug 2007 at 12:02 pm

No I’m afraid not. I think you would need to talk to someone who deals with “Family Law” & “Immigration Law”. All the best !

34. Chandrakumara said on 24 Aug 2007 at 6:53 am

Dear Sir,
    I am chandrakumara form Sri Lanka I’m confuse on how to take up residency in Ireland. I’m currently living in Sri Lanka and would like to move to Ireland. What are the steps to obtain residence? I do have an Electronic national Diploma with 4 years experience in Technical Officer & Assistant Engineer Scheme. Getting a job in my field would be no problem.

Chandrakumara

35. stevo said on 24 Aug 2007 at 3:12 pm

chandrakumara :you need to get job offer from a company have you got one

36. Mich said on 26 Aug 2007 at 9:43 am

Hi Paul,
    I am an Australian Citizen wanting to relocate and work in Ireland but am unable to get a working visa due the fact I am over 30 years of age and unable to obtain Irish Citizenship. My family originated from Tipperary but my great-grandparents were born there so I miss out by one generation, als my father became an Irish citizen 10 years ago but because this was done after I was born this also is no good. I am planning on coming over in October this year to try face to face. Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated, as I have contact the Embassy’s, Department of Immigration both in Australia and Ireland but I keep hitting a brick wall. I have also appled for a few positions over the internet and was told I would have been successful if I had a working visa or Citizenship!!! It is very frustrating to say the least when my family originated from Ireland and I am unable to gain employment. I also have extensive experience and knowledge in various industries eg. finance/banking, tourism, sport, government just to name a few but no diploma. Help??????

37. kolitha said on 29 Aug 2007 at 8:56 am

How i apply for irish green card..

38. paul savage said on 29 Aug 2007 at 9:07 am

hi Mich,

I would suggest that you hire a lawyer. But to be honest it doesn’t look like you will qualify for Irish citizenship. If you find a job in the finance/banking industry they you are very likely to qualify for a green card. That would be the way I would go about it.

Kolitha,
    You or your future employer needs to apply to the Department of Enterprise Trade and Employment. You need to have a job offer (in the right field) & earn over €30k/year & have a contract for 24 months or longer to do so.

paul

39. Levi Manley said on 30 Aug 2007 at 2:34 am

I’m an american male that is looking for work in Ireland. My grandparents were all born there and moved to the U.S. I’m interested in living and working in Ireland. Any advice to get me started would be very helpful.

40. Michelle Lonergan said on 30 Aug 2007 at 7:05 am

Thank you Paul and Kolitha very much for your response, it all seems way to hard!!! I can’t get a job without a visa, but I can’t get a visa without a job etc… But I am still going over in October this year to try my luck you just never know. If anyone out there can give me some relevant advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Mich

41. paul savage said on 30 Aug 2007 at 8:11 am

Michelle : I prefer to see it that you get the Green Card with the Job. If your job qualifies and you have relevant experience and/or qualifications it should be really straight forward.

Levi : I will be writing something later today about Irish naturalisation so stay tuned.

paul

42. Mich said on 31 Aug 2007 at 1:51 am

Paul: Thank you for the info. any advice or information is greatly appreciated, also gives me hope that my long time dream can come true!!!!
    Mich

43. Clayton said on 31 Aug 2007 at 5:51 pm

Hi Paul

Thanks for your advice earlier in this post and I am happy to say my Green Card application is lodged and now is the wait. I hoping you may be able to help out with a few quick questions? I know the card is issued to me the employee but what does it look like how is it issued and to where? The other thing is while im waiting am I able to go over to Ireland to sort things out for my job and get my greencard there?

44. Todot said on 15 Sep 2007 at 11:25 am

I am from Bulgaria. I’m an electrical engineer and I wanted job in Ireland. Can You advice me some job as an electrician or another one including learning English.

45. Ryan said on 16 Sep 2007 at 9:35 pm

Sorry to bombard you, as it seems you are, particularly with the dumb questions but I want to make sure. On another site I saw Chefs were aloud, but I don’t see it here? Do you know if we are? I will be on 55-65K. So I know if over 60 that is fine but what if I only end up with 55?

Thanks so much

46. paul savage said on 17 Sep 2007 at 11:05 am

Todot : there are many options open to you, it’s probably better to do the language course in Ireland, rather than in Bulgaria.

Ryan : if you can show that your contract is for over €60k then you are okay. I can’t find any mention of chefs or anything in the catering in any of the dept’s documentation for green cards.

Paul

47. Raju said on 21 Sep 2007 at 3:32 pm

I am IT Speciliast having 9.5 years experience in Telcom after my three year Diploma in Elctronics in India and have a potential job offer for €55k in Ireland could anyone advise whether I would qualify if applying for Greencard? Thanks in advance.

Raju

48. Lisa said on 22 Sep 2007 at 4:51 pm

Hi Paul,

I have an accounting degree and have 12 months experience as an Accountant. I am also part of the way through the CPA (Australia) qualification. How do you think I would go applying for jobs in Ireland. Are Irish employers receptive to foreign applicants who have not yet secured a visa? I have been trying to apply to work in the UK for the past few years but have had no luck due to not having a work visa. It has been the old catch 22 situation where they won’t give you a job without a visa and you can’t get a visa without a job. Would I be likely to face the same issues in trying to get a job in Ireland with the new green card system? I am still in Australia.

Lisa

49. Raju said on 24 Sep 2007 at 12:08 pm

Hi Paul,

Raju

50. Jeff said on 26 Sep 2007 at 11:03 am

I have a B.Sc degree in Chemistry,and a Postgraduate Diploma in Education. I have 5 years experience in Instructing / Teaching.How do I apply for a job and Green Card in Ireland ?

51. Anand said on 29 Sep 2007 at 6:28 pm

HI Paul I want to know if a job of a business lecturer at the salary above 40 k is eligible for green card or not. The candidate did his masters in business from Irish college in september 2007 and now applying for a graduate scheme. Will the candidate be eligible for green card if he is getting a contract of 2 yrs at a salary above 40k as a business lecturer. Second option available to the candidate is 2 yrs contract as marketing manager in a college but at the salary of 30k . which options is better for getting green card.

52. paul savage said on 9 Oct 2007 at 8:14 am

Anand & Jeff , only the job titles on that list will get a Green Card. So a lecturer or teacher position will not apply.

Raju : what is the job title ?

Lisa : you can get a job without a visa, if you get a job offer, and the job qualifies you will most likely get a Green Card.

Sorry about the delay in replying (holidays)

53. Raju said on 9 Oct 2007 at 9:54 am

Hi Paul,

I hope you have enjoyed holidays.

Title is “Network Engineer”.

Raju

54. paul savage said on 9 Oct 2007 at 9:59 am

Raju : this would fall in the category of “Industry”. Search the post above for it. (holidays are always great :D)

55. Lisa said on 9 Oct 2007 at 11:18 am

Hi Paul,

How receptive are Irish employers in speaking to people who don’t have a visa in place. I have been trying to get a visa to work in England for the past 4 years without success. I have even had an umbrella company prepared to sponsor me for a work permit if I was able to get a contract of work in the uk. Employers would not even deal with me until I actually had the visa in place even though they knew that I could get a visa if I was offered a position. Are the attitudes of Irish employers and agencies any different to their UK counterparts? I am in the old catch 22 situation where I can’t get a job without a visa or a visa without a job. Would it be any easier for me in Ireland?

56. paul savage said on 9 Oct 2007 at 11:25 am

Lisa it all depends on what your qualifications are. (not being smart here) If you want to come to work in McDonalds it can be quite hard, but if you have some ‘skills’ then it is a lot easier. Skill would be some valid experience with a company (a company that the DETE can research) and a qualification from a University.

You can read some statistics about work permits here. I don’t think Ireland is any different to the UK from the mentality side, but the processes and qualifying schemes may be.

57. Lisa said on 9 Oct 2007 at 12:03 pm

Thanks for your response Paul.

I have an accounting degree and 12 months experience as an Accountant for a US multi-national company in Australia. I am also part of the way through the CPA (Australia) qualification.

58. Anand said on 9 Oct 2007 at 2:41 pm

Hi Paul
    THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE. A candidate got a job offer as International marketing manager at a salary of 42k during probabtion of 3 months and thereafter 45k and contract is for 2 years but with a probabtion period of 3 months. Can a candidate apply and get a green card. Please discuss in detail

59. Amit said on 12 Oct 2007 at 6:43 pm

hi paul I am on Graduate Scheme and I am masters with 2 yrs of Technical Suport Experience.can you plz let me know which is the best site or where can I apply for jobs, so that I can get job offer for Work Permit or Green Card?

60. KuldeepSinh said on 21 Oct 2007 at 7:45 am

Hi, I am a software tester, with about 3.5 years (about 5 years in total) of experience, testing software for Health Information Technology and Health Insurace. I reside in India and I am in search of a job in Ireland. Can you please let me know companies interested to hire people like me, who would require Green-Card?

61. vikash said on 24 Oct 2007 at 1:33 pm

Hi I am a video camera repair technician and am beiing refused a green card on the grounds that I don’t hold a degree and therefore don’t come under the criteria for engineering etc..Is it worth appealing and if so what’s involved?

62. Kingsley said on 26 Oct 2007 at 10:38 am

Hi, I am SEO/PPC Specialist residing in Africa. I need info on job boards or websites where i can apply for online marketing jobs.

63. Tinku said on 27 Oct 2007 at 1:30 pm

Hi Sir, I am Bachelore of computer application graduate and recently i have completed MIB(Marketing) from India & 3 months in France & Hungary Business school.I am having 6 months exp in marketing and would like to work in Ireland. Can i get Work permit & job with this experience? Thanking you.

64. flavia nabukama said on 30 Oct 2007 at 7:41 am

hi i have a bachelor’s degree in social work and social administration.iam having 2years exp in counseling Hiv/AIDS and banking. iam a ugandan & would like to work in ireland. can i get a work permit & job with this experience. u reply will be highly appreciated thanks. flavia nabukama

65. Geethadevi.S said on 31 Oct 2007 at 6:32 am

Hi sir i have a master’s degree in pharmacy from india and working nw,i would like to work in ireland,what are the proceeding procedure for this?can i get work permit?

66. Drew said on 25 Nov 2007 at 1:32 am

What sort of Social Work qualification is needed to secure emplyment and Green Card for Ireland? My friend from India is more experienced than qualified. He has BA economics and experience of Social Work? Best Wishes

67. Chad said on 13 Dec 2007 at 1:37 pm

As a South African national 35 yrs of age with over 13 years software development experience but only a technical diploma as against degree, would I still gave a good chance of being made a job offer without greencard in place ? Would it be in my interest to visit Ireland to look for a job offer before leaving again while it is being arranged ? Are there any good agencies that could assist in this greencardless job search ?

68. Drew said on 13 Dec 2007 at 6:06 pm

Hi Paul,
    I asked a question on 25th November about Social Work qualificatios for Green Card in Ireland. As I told you, my freind from India is more expereinced than qualified. Please let me know. Best wishes for Christmas. Drew

69. paul savage said on 13 Dec 2007 at 6:12 pm

Thanks for your reminder DREW.
    Again I feel sometimes that I repeat myself here. If the job description is on the list above, then yes there is a chance they could get a job. Sadly Social workers are not deemed highly skilled professionals, and they are not on the list.
    Chad : the best would be to apply on line with some of the job agencies.
    Amit : look up graduate scheme, use the search on the RHS.
    Geethadevi: you question was already asked, short answer is YES.

There are simply too many people asking here to reply 100%.

70. manu said on 14 Dec 2007 at 7:58 pm

sir ,iam an engineer i was completed b.tech in information technology from India & 3 months exp in networking .i would like to work in Ireland. Can i get Work permit & job with this experience? Thanking you.

71. emma said on 19 Dec 2007 at 3:55 pm

I’m a make-up artist and would like to go to LA to work, does this not qualify????

72. Danny said on 27 Dec 2007 at 5:07 am

As the guy said, entry is only by tbe list, in short the loopholes have been closed, large amounts of over stayers have been deported even those that have married EU subjects.

73. Amit said on 27 Dec 2007 at 4:26 pm

Hi Paul How you doing ,Things are working for me,actually just wondering where do I need to submit the application and are Titles more importent than Salary Package, even if some one ios on Graduate Scheme Visa and having Tech Support Exp in Ireland.
    what do you think ? can you please guide me what Precautions can I take if I am going to file application for Green Card.plz reply as soon as possible.

74. Sean Carroll said on 10 Jan 2008 at 12:37 pm

I am a Irish citizen moving home from Cape town in June with my South african wife of 7 years. What visa’s do i need for her. She intends working. Do I need to wait until a job offer before I can apply?

75. Heloise said on 13 Jan 2008 at 3:37 am

South african citizens do not need a visa to come t ireland. You can go to the irish embassy in south africa with supporting documentation regarding ur marriage, duration of stay in south africa etc. Or proof t immigration officer on Dublin airport and register with immigration office for a GNIB Card. She could get 1yr stamp and thereafter 5 to 10yrs. Or simply search the web f latest rules.

76. siobhan said on 17 Jan 2008 at 2:50 pm

can South african green card permit holder and his family come to ireland together ?

77. siobhan said on 17 Jan 2008 at 2:53 pm

i mean even before the permit holder residents in ireland.his green card has been granted while he is still in his home country, but he would like to enter ireland with his family.is that possible to do that or he has to come to ireland first and apply for his family?

78. kumar said on 22 Jan 2008 at 10:52 am

Hi i am student stamp 2 visa in ireland , I have a offer letter with 32k with designation Accountant can i apply for green card.

79. jack said on 22 Jan 2008 at 10:54 am

Yes kumar you can. it might help on the application if you say Chartered Accountant or some other accredited association

80. sam said on 23 Jan 2008 at 1:25 pm

hi my name is sam and i am a masters student in biotechnology in germany. once i have a job offer can i apply for irish greencard as a process engineer.

81. Jeanne said on 23 Jan 2008 at 3:23 pm

Hi,I am (english)student stamp 2 visa, my visa expire on later march 2008,I work part time as Architect in the office, Have I wait my visa expire to apply? and may I stay in Ireland waiting the results

82. shoye said on 23 Jan 2008 at 10:23 pm

KUMAR, if you are only holding stamp 2 as a student in ireland, you can only apply after you graduated in ireland with the 3rd level gradute scheme. if you are already a chartered/certified accountant, you should apply your green card from your origin country. since students are not able to apply green card permit unless they go through the gradute scheme first.if you are only just graduated whitout chartered or certified, i think you just need to apply the training permit (but still holding stamp 2)

83. shoye said on 23 Jan 2008 at 10:26 pm

SAM, where are you originally from? if you are a german, you dont need a permit to work in ireland regardless your job title, just apply a pps number when you arrive in ireland.

84. shoye said on 23 Jan 2008 at 10:34 pm

JEANNE, if you are a non-eea nationals and already an architect, you should apply your permit from your origin country, you only can apply it while you are in the country as holiding a student visa when you go through 3rd level graduate scheme. but as you said you only are taking a english language course , so you are not qualified for the 3rd level graduate scheme.

85. Vishwanee said on 31 Jan 2008 at 11:10 am

Hi, am Vishwanee and live in Mauritius. Actually i work as kitchen assistant in a star Hotel. I want to do further studies in Commercial Cookery and get a part-time jod at the same time in Ireland. What procedure shuold i follow?

86. saad said on 1 Feb 2008 at 9:21 pm

hi there I am studying in dublin and i just wanna know that after a year completed of my studies which is in BS(IT) will I be qualify for a Irish green card or not ?

87. ady said on 5 Feb 2008 at 9:01 pm

hi, im mexican, and i live in ireland because my husband works here, he is mexican as well, i would like to ask, if it´s easier for a dependant of a work permit holder to get a permit?, i´m a lawyer and i used to work in mexico in citigroup in the legal department

88. Ali said on 14 Feb 2008 at 10:56 pm

Hi there, I just completed MSc in information system and process, I am just been offered a job which is in industry as “Master production Scheduler” my salaray is more then 30 but my contract is one year…. can I still apply for the green card ?

89. shoye said on 15 Feb 2008 at 8:58 am

it has to be 2 years or more durations, try to persuade your employer to change it to 2 years contract

90. khurram said on 19 Feb 2008 at 2:32 pm

Hi,
    Can you tell me plz how much time will take Green Card appeal form ,because I had appeal before 30 days ,but at that time no call no email sent visa office . Plz reply me

91. Amit said on 20 Feb 2008 at 12:52 pm

Hi Paul I got Green Card Last week. thanks for your advises .. cheers Good Luck

92. shoye said on 21 Feb 2008 at 8:16 pm

khurram,i dont understand your question, you mean the time of getting thea appeal form?i dont think there is such a form available when you want to appeal. you just need to provide more support documents which you lack of etc.
    if you are asking how long does it take to appeal..which is very uncertain-it could be 4 weeks-11 weeks or more. depends what your case is..i have friends experince both 4 weeks long and 11 weeks long..

93. wes said on 25 Feb 2008 at 7:04 am

Hi am Wes and am a qualified electricain it’s been two weeks seen i came back to my home country. I was under a student visa in ireland and now i got a job and my company told me to go back home and to wait for an answer for my green card. On the letter my company needs me to be back on the 23 of march do you think in 5 weeks i will get and answer beacuse it has been poster nearly 2 weeks now. Thanks .

94. Amit said on 25 Feb 2008 at 4:20 pm

Hi Wes Do not worry , the processing time is now 14 Working days, as I have received mine within that duration. cheers Good Luck .

95. wes said on 28 Feb 2008 at 8:01 pm

Thanks Amit. One question for you. How will i know if i will get it or not? Will they send the papers to my company in ireland? Because i am in my home country.

96. Amit said on 28 Feb 2008 at 8:34 pm

97. Amit said on 28 Feb 2008 at 8:34 pm

Hi Wes, actually you Need to ring them.and in my case I had a call from DETE and they inform me about approval depends on case basis as I was on Graduate visa.and yes once approved you will get a Permit Letter and your Employer a copy at your address and employer’s.let me knw when did you submited ?

98. wes said on 29 Feb 2008 at 7:01 am

Hi Amit i email them and they wrote me they told me they receive my application on the 20th and it will take 10 to 15 working days to know if it’s ok or not. Thanks man .

99. Ali said on 29 Feb 2008 at 10:01 am

Hi Amit, I got 12 months contract from my company, they are not willing to give me 2 years contract…. is there ne thing else i can do ? or can i apply over 1 year contract ?

100. Amit said on 29 Feb 2008 at 12:14 pm

Hi Wes if they received your application on 20th. I advise you ring them enquire , Do they have your application in their system. if yes than it wont take 15 days .. acc to my experience it will take 2-3 workign days. coz they make decesion if they got application in systems.

Hi Ali yes you can apply Work permit instead.
    but to be honest, you have to manage FAS and revelant documentation.but that is sure that you are only eligible for Work permit if contract is only for 1 yr. thanks

101. Ali said on 29 Feb 2008 at 12:18 pm

hi Amit will workpermit be issued to me for one year or 2 years? or will i be able to chance employer after a year ? or is it convertable in green card ?

102. Amit said on 29 Feb 2008 at 1:42 pm

Hi Ali work permit will be issued to you and a copy will send to your employer if you submit application otherwise vice versa. no you can’t change employer if this is your first permit for atleast 1 yr. and yes you can than convert it into Green card by filling new application.

103. Ali said on 29 Feb 2008 at 3:53 pm

Dear Amit, thanx very much for information you provided. do u know what type of documentation i need to provide to department ? and is there any list which i can find from somewhere ? and other this is whats a difference between green card and work permit ?

104. Amit said on 29 Feb 2008 at 4:10 pm

Like P30(Necessary in case of work permit),Letter from FAS. could’nt find anyone in that specific job category, newspaper Advertisement(at least 3 days in national newspaper).and you should have a Degree in that relevant field.i think ask your company to file it for if you are thinking for Work permit.anyway what’s your job profile becasue it depends on case basis as well sometimes. you can drop me e-mail at amit_genius2002@yahoo.co.in may be I can advise you soemthing more.Good Luck

105. wes said on 4 Mar 2008 at 5:34 pm

Hi Amit my company received a letter today saying that they refused to give me a green card because normaly i must earn 30k which is true and that there are some other things. They told my company that an EU could do my job and why they don’t look for one. Is there any chance that i can do a new application because my company needs me.

106. Amit said on 4 Mar 2008 at 6:25 pm

yes ofcourse, you can make an Appeal and ask your company to provide you a kind of cover letter in relation to your job. may be a Technical Description which can back up you. or pay be tweak the Job title as what we have in eligible Job Categories .

107. Ali said on 5 Mar 2008 at 3:28 pm

Hi Amit hope u r well, yar I might get 2 years contract from my company, as there is some hope after talking to management…. can u tell me does my job title qualifies for green card ? its MPS (Master production scheduler) best define this job is Planner.

108. wes said on 5 Mar 2008 at 4:00 pm

Hi Amit my student visa ended on the 31/01/08 if i want to go back i can pay school fee and come back to Ireland

109. Amit said on 5 Mar 2008 at 4:18 pm

Hi Ali to be honest if your Job Title is not into specified list than, you can ask your Employer to tweak it according to the eligible list otherwise I am afraid to say, Department is very strict on Policies as I found.

Hello Wes I didn’t understand the Student visa thing as far as I am aware you need to reapply the new Student visa. if your visa is expired and you are out of states unless you owe Multiple to enter in states.. I think so.

110. wes said on 28 Mar 2008 at 12:32 pm

Hi Amit when you have been refused a student visa the bank draft that you have send to them must be return to the company or to you? Because on my case the told me that they have send it to my address in dublin. Because am in mauritius and i don’t know if it’s true or not. The company rang me and they are looking for the bank draft with me.

111. Jeanne said on 28 Mar 2008 at 3:09 pm

Hi Paul, I am working in a Company that want contract me full time because I am part time stamp 2 studant visa.I will go back to my country and apply for green card,My boss will do a letter about me toghether the documentation. In this letter he can say that know me and my work before the application? This can help me or not?

112. Amit said on 28 Mar 2008 at 5:02 pm

Ali : I don’t know what you mixing up (Student visa or Employment Permit via company).anyways depends what address you have had provided to department at the time of Application.
    The Best advise in your case you have to ring department to know what’s going on..

113. mark said on 29 Mar 2008 at 10:34 am

hi, i am currently doing IATI(institute of accounting technician) course in ireland ,i wonder after i graduate and become a member of IATI can i apply for a green card, or do i need to be fully qualified as a chartered accountant? thanks~~~

114. sachin soni said on 30 Mar 2008 at 9:00 am

hi paul

iam living in india. iam intersting to do master in accounting in dublin. please tell me the future procpect of accounting in ireland.can I apply the green card like this profession. please guide me.

sachin soni

115. jjloubser said on 31 Mar 2008 at 2:55 pm

Hi Guys, I am having a horid time getting info wrt details on the green card & work permit process. I am from Cape Town, South Africa & my wife and I want to move to Ireland(but not nessacarily to the main centres) & yup, we are non – EU memebers.
    We both work in the Contact Centre industry & I have 5 years experience in Call Centre teamleader/management, while my wife has web based call centre helpdesk experience.

The GC has a category that pertains to Industry specialist managers & other managers – what exactely does this pertain to? Would Call centre manager fall into this category?

The WP excludes all clerical & admin work; now one fellow told me that my application would most probably fall into this category – surely this cannot be correct, as my ocupation is that of managing & not clerical work.

Is there anyone out there that has received GC or WP relating to call centre work, especially wrt team leader or management position, or perhaps you have something to share?

116. Saurabh said on 2 Apr 2008 at 9:32 pm

Dear Paul,
    I am Saurabh working in Dublin. I joined my company in august 2006 under work permit valid from 12/6/2006 to 11/6/2007. As on 23 May 2007 I got green cardvalid till May 2009. I want to change my current job, Can you please tell me , if it is possible to change my current job before completing the one year of green card as I have already completed more than 1 year with my current employer.
    I really appreciate you to help me in this matter.
    Many thanks in advance.
    Kind regards
    S

117. Dagiadi said on 4 Apr 2008 at 3:57 pm

Cheers
    I am wondering about the opportunities I might have as a psychologist studying my MA in Health Psychologist in Ireland. I am a mexican BA Psychologist I did a semester abroad in Trinity College due this I want to go back to do my graduate studies there. I have experience providing emotional support, and crisis interventions, self help parent groups for promoting rehabilitation in children hospitals in my country and one year experience in the UK with dissabilities in teh educational support and caring field. I am still a young practioner aiming to achieve relevant qualifications and experience. One relevant skill I posses is I am fluent in French, German and Spanish of course as well as English.
    I am wondering wheter is best to study in the Health related field as a psychologist either to choose to follow my education as a Counselling Psychology. How much more is required to hire Health Psychologists rather than Counselors?
    I would like to know about the field of opportunity through out the country Dublin, Galway mostly and else where. Thanks
    Kind Regards.
    Last comment I am aiming to obtain my green card as a health psychologist. Is it true there is a great demand in this sort of professions? what about ocuppational therapists, speech therapists? Or Educational Psychologists. To be working with Special Education or in Schools?

118. Tom said on 6 Apr 2008 at 10:42 am

I am interested to emigrate, live and work in Ireland,I am Kenyan national currently a Final yead PhD student in a UK university,Had a masters degree from UK uni too,on Environmental monitoring . Have enormous experience in both Kenya & UK as high school teacher in Chemistry& biology,Worked as a botanist, agricultural entomoligist, a conservationist( natural resources)Zoologist in nature reserve and research officer with Municipal council in kenya.How will i locate potential employer to make an application? do i stand a chance of obtaining a green card with the information given?
    How do i start my applications? can anyone please advice. thanks

119. santosh said on 13 Apr 2008 at 2:55 pm

I am santosh from nepal and i have just been issued student visa for ireland.my course is master in business management.After passing my Master in good grade i am looking forward to take Charted accountant course.My dream is to be CA from reputted ACCA.after that will i be eligible for green card system.Hope to see u’r valuable reply.thank u

120. grisel said on 15 Apr 2008 at 4:22 pm

I am an architect from Uruguay , I want to work in Ireland but don´t know if is really possible to get a job offer to apply for the green card when you cannot assure a date you can relocate due you don´t know when you will have the green card , it would be better to get first the geeencard then is easier to apply for a job.

121. MASOUD NEJATI said on 19 Apr 2008 at 5:41 pm

Dear sir/madam
    i am nurse Bsc degree and i have 11 years experience working in hospital and my residence is in iran can i apply for Green card Ireland?

122. Serena said on 21 Apr 2008 at 12:55 pm

My boyfriend is a qualified mechanical engineer from israel. Does this type of engineer qualify for the green card system? Although I’ve read the list and its not on it I’ve read on this website where a mechanical engineer did receive the green card. I would really appreciate some clarification on this.

123. Taryn said on 23 Apr 2008 at 2:26 pm

Hi can you tell me if a Business Analyst type role within the Finance division of a company which is a Print Publisher of fiction, educational reference books, Interactive Learning Software developer and provider of educational products, would qualify for a green card visa? I am confused on the whole economic sector for which a company like this one would fit.. If it’s IT then would the employer be better off using the Computer Analyst job title for application?

124. MASOUD NEJATI said on 24 Apr 2008 at 3:20 pm

Dear sir
    i am a nurse and i have 12 years experience working in hospital related to the university of medical sciences of golestan in iran and i am 39 years old can i apply for the ireland green card ? My residence is in iran-gorgan

125. paul savage said on 25 Apr 2008 at 10:55 am

MASOUD : no. Read what jobs qualify, nurses don’t.
    Taryn : Yes. Make sure your employer has a title similar to what is mentioned on the list.
    serena : it depends what role it is. If it’s for a managers position a green card might be granted.
    grisel : a green card is issued once you have a job offer. so you need that first